Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Minnesota no More




Well folks..it has been a journey. I graduated May 13th, from Texas A&M University..Whoop! Man..wasn't that an exciting adventure. Graduation was so fun and such an experience. Then, I was packed up and that next Monday my mom, Papa, Gigi and I all took the long trip up to Minnesota to finally get to live with Mack after this long yr. apart. So, with Gigi and Papa in one car and my mom and I in another we were off. We were only 2 hours out when I got a phone call from Ann, my school counselor, telling me I did not graduate because Texas A&M did not have my HS transcript?! REALLY?! HIGH SCHOOL transcript? I had made it registering for 8 semesters and they couldn't tell me this before any of those years and even before graduation? What is this?! So here I was driving to Minnesota..already gone through graduation and just now get this phone call. So I call my HS and college back and forth getting this finally worked out 2 days later. I received my diploma in the mail and DID graduate..obviously! Then we stopped in some fun places on the way up. Iowa to see an Amish basket store and in Missouri to go to the Precious Moments museum..which was awesome! Then finally arrived in Minnesota, where I was jumping up and down in my seat SO EXCITED to pull up and see Mack waiting for us!

Well..we unpacked..2 days later they left for the long drive back to TX and Mack and I were in MN together at last. We were in our apartment for the next two months with our two dogs (who had to re-acquainted with each other) and one bedroom. It was great..but I was tired taking the dogs out on a leash every time they wanted to go outside. So we were on the search for a house..and we FOUND ONE! 8 miles from Mack's work and 8 miles from mine in Minneapolis! It was great! 3 bedrooms/2 baths, fully finished basement (which are creepy by the way), kitchen, dining room and living room! It was a great first house! We struggled with getting the realtor to return our calls and finalize everything but when it was all said and done we got to move in July 1st. (after we got home from TX that weekend anyway)

It was SO much fun..I had unpacked everything, re-upholstered a headboard, re-painted a wallpaper wall light blue, we were getting the house cute and to our liking...but some exciting news just hit us..Mack is going to take a job in Tyler, TX! It is a great opportunity for him and us, because he really wants to do more than he is doing now at Len Busch, his job in MN. So here we are, taking this big leap, once again, a move back down to TX, in the AUGUST heat..we know we got married in it lol. But our adventure isn't going to stop...so even though we are not ready to leave our beloved Minnesota yet..with great outdoor activities and parks..we will see where TX takes us.

So that's it folks..back to the Lone Star State it is..close to family and friends again..which will be nice! Wish us luck.

-Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for ya'll to move back!!
    This is gonna be so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete