Sunday, June 22, 2014

DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton- Farmers Branch

Wow! Talk about a stay-cation! Mack had to work in Oklahoma this Saturday and I was off (with no weddings!) so I wanted to join the trip. He dropped me off in Allen and I walked around until I met up with my best friend, Marissa and mom, Janie to shop for bridesmaid dresses. Marissa is getting married 10.4.14!! God has truly given her the right man and a great one at that! David is very funny and kind and a great guy to give my best friend to! 


After shopping, Marissa and I went to eat at Uncle Julio's- not bad. After more shopping we headed to their new house together and met up with David. We hung out then saw a movie, A fault in our stars, very sweet but sad movie. The night came to a close as we headed to the hotel to drop me off. This was a last minute decision and hotels.com is the WAY TO GO if you are booking hotels. You rack up hotel points every time you stay and get a free night after 10. We use to just book hotels through multiple websites but now through hotels.com it's at least going towards something. 

We walk up seeing a cookie van- "oh yum cookies!" We are welcomed and treated with four warm, chocolate chip/walnut cookies, yum indeed! The lady was very nice, a little strange at times because I asked if they had an IHOME, not knowing what that was but I needed to charge my phone. 



We then head up to the room to drop off my stuff, nice again! I am very pleased with this hotel so far! Not to mention with hotels.com they were having a discounted rate. This hotel was originally $179 or so for only $79/night! I am all about hotels and love it when I find a good hotel & deal! 




As we go downstairs, there is a bar, quiet room, pool table, seating area, nice gym and a pool. We dip our feet in possibly for a late night swim but it was a little chilly. I love my amenities at a hotel, so besides the bed and pillows, it's a gym/pool. David and Marissa leave and I head back up to the room to put on my gym clothes for a work out. As I do my sit ups and lunges I get to watch Fast and the Furious- nothing beats that ;) 



Mack arrived and I show him everything ;)  Then off to bed for a good night sleep. We are going to visit the Las Colines mustang fountain, Dallas Aquarium and some other sights while we're here! Love a stay-cation and a great hotel! If you're in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area- this is a great hotel!! 


I give the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton-Farmers Branch 5 out of 5 stars. We had a great night sleep, the bed was comfortable with great pillows, the shower had great water pressure, there was a nice gym/pool, bar and pool table area for hanging out with friends, we were greeted with warm cookies and it had free wifi! Now if you are looking with breakfast included then this is not your place- but you can get a delicious breakfast buffet for $12.95 if you are the morning type or room service for breakfast in bed ;)

Until our next stay,

McGowens on the Move

No comments:

Post a Comment